Sunday, August 23, 2009

Can someone help me ? new comp?

anyone know what i should do i have a brand new computer (with vista) and my norton auto protect is not working and they said i would have to pay for it to be fixed can i just get rid of it and keep my spywar or anything else i can do for free i mean it is a new computer i shouldn't have to spend more money allready should i?



Can someone help me ? new comp?computer



first and best thing you can do is dump norton...it is a resource hog.



unfortunatley, you will need to pay for some type of virus detection, i recommend av bitdefender or trend pc cillen



too risky these days to run without



Can someone help me ? new comp?free spyware



Well personally i would degrade your computer back to winodws XP, Vista is very unreliable.



But about your problem on the norton auto protection, (was it FREE Wear?) If it was it would most likely that the experiry on it has gone, and that you should get the full version if you have got the full version then i would contact Norton, and see what they have to say, if you dont get throught to them i would suggest talking to Microsoft.



the webaddress is



www.microsoft.com



I really hope this helps, all the best



Lee Thomas



ICT Technician
AVG anti virus, Free and amazingly effective, Id also reccomend getting ad-aware and C-Cleaner. Dont install programs like Kazaa, Limewire, Imesh, Etc they are a HUGE part of what ruins the performance of new PC's.
I hate Norton. It isn't worth the money. When I bought my pc I totally removed it and bought PCTools anti virus and anti spyware. I also have spybot and adaware for all of the spyware stuff. I never liked McAfee, or Norton.



Also, check out Komando.com. That is a web site that will help you with your pc. It is run by this lady that is a computer whiz. She has a nation wide radio show on the weekends. Her site is free and she has all sorts of free down loads for virus and spyware removal, detection, etc.... I think you will like it.



I have been getting her daily computer tips, news letters, and cool sites for almost 5 years.
Go to start, control panel, add/remove programs, find norton and remove it. Restart your computer and your all set to go.
Norton has a new Internet Security for Vista. If yours is new, see if Norton will let you upgrade it.

No comments:

Post a Comment