Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Helpppppppppp! I don't want to spend money AGAIN, how do I get rid of Norton Antivirus AND viru

I remembered that because I have Comcast internet, I can get McAfee AntiVirus for free, so I downloaded it. Yet, I cannot fully download it (I don't get the virus scan out of all things!) because I still have an old version of Norton AntiVirus on my computer. The Auto-Protect won't enable no matter how many times I try so I'm ready to get rid of it. The problem is, I need the original CD to get it off my computer. I don't have it! I really need to rid my computer of viruses, FAST! Is there any way I can do this without the CD? Please help!



Also, if I can do that, I want to download McAfee again to run the scan but I'm afraid my system might be reinfected by System Restore. Apparently, I'm supposed to turn System Restore off, reboot in Safe Mode, run the scan, and then turn on the computer as well as System Restore, again. How do I do this? I need detailed answers, please help!



Helpppppppppp! I don't want to spend money AGAIN, how do I get rid of Norton Antivirus AND viruses?!?antivirus software



I just had to uninstall Norton off my grandma's computer because it was blocking her new cable internet... *shakes head*



Norton actually has a program you can download to uninstall it. I'm putting the link to the one I used for my grandma's computer as the source, so hopefully that will help you!



Good luck, Norton's a silly little program.

No comments:

Post a Comment