Friday, August 21, 2009

Why can't I receive files through ICQ anymore?

Why can't I receive file transfer in ICQ anymore?



I have desktop computer, running Windows XP, with Norton Anti Virus Security. Auto-protect is enabled as it has always been.



For some reason, I can't receive file transfers when I'm in ICQ anymore. I recently moved to Europe, and am on high speed connection here, same as back in the States. What can I check to permit ICQ file transfers?



If Norton has some white list in which I'm supposed to make sure ICQ is included, I don't know how to find it. If you answer, please be specific. 10 points for best answer !!!!



Why can't I receive files through ICQ anymore?spyware remover



I wish that I could help you but it's got me baffled.



Why can't I receive files through ICQ anymore?virus removal



i do not new that one but i will look it up and i will get back with you
try disabling auto protect for a few minutes, then trying a file transfer. Also, turn your windows XP firewall off in the control panel. Perhaps the new connection you're on has something to do with it. New router? Routers usually have a firewall built inside of them to block certain ports =p This is both for your safety and a slight nuisance.



If you can't figure this out, try sendspace.com =)

No comments:

Post a Comment