Sunday, August 23, 2009

My symantec system is stopping me from running spyware programs?

On my vista lap top my pc says that I need to run a virus scan through a website that it gives me and I start to run it but a little indow in the bottom right cornor says that symantec auto-protect has blocked the system. I cannot scan my computer now. Also I can't even find the symantec program on the computer, just a little window where I can choose off normal or enhanced and they dont do anything. please tell me how to fix this.... step by step if you can thanks!



My symantec system is stopping me from running spyware programs?computers



Download the programs linked below. Install them. Update them. Scan your pc with them, and do so weekly.



If you have System Restore turned on, the Restore files may be infected, and trying to reinfect your pc. I turn off that feature, reboot to delete the files, then turn it on after a full system scan with AVG.



Turning off System Restore.



(right-click My Computer, Properties, System Restore tab, check the box to turn off System Restore on all drives.)



Restart your PC, and hold down the F8 key.



When you see the Boot Menu appear (black screen white letters), choose SAFE MODE.



Run a FULL SYSTEM SCAN with AVG.



You can heal or quarentine anything found.



You can also run Spybot and AdAware while in Safe Mode. I suggest you do a full system scan. Get rid of anything they find.

No comments:

Post a Comment