Friday, August 21, 2009

Norton anti-virus question?

I have norton anti-virus and recently i have noticed that everytime i turn on my computer the "auto protect" is disabled, why is this?



Norton anti-virus question?security



My advice is just to get rid of Norton. I used to have it and it gave me so many problems. It couldn't even find the virus we had.



I reccommend AVG Free (http://free.grisoft.com). It located the virus Norton couldn't find, and it is so much easier to deal with.



Norton anti-virus question?trojan



Yeah, get AVG Free. It requires less memory and it updates almost daily without any trouble and its free. NAV is so yesterday. Report It


Reinstall Norton.
Get rid of norton and get bitdefender.
2 possible solutions



1. WindowsUpdate automatically installed KB890830 (malicious



blablabla) onto my XPproSP2 system with Norton Antivirus 2004 installed. Immediately after, my firewall (ZoneAlarm Pro) alerted



me that my system was no long protected against viruses. After checking, Norton auto-protect was disabled (without my permission, of course) and I was unable to reactivate it until I uninstalled NAV completely and reinstalled it from scratch.



2. Run the Symantec AutoFix Tool



This finds many problems and then directs you to one of the following resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment