Friday, August 21, 2009

I've got a trojan problem...?

I've got Symantec AntiVirus, and about once every 3-4 minutes an Auto-Protect box comes up saying that a "trojan horse" has been found and deleted. The filename is csrss.exe (I realize this is also an essential windows process), at the location C:\WINDOWS\... That's pretty much all it tells me (besides telling me it's coming from my own computer). Usually it finds two of these files each time it pops up... I'm not sure how big of a deal this is since the files just keep getting deleted, but it's really annoying to see the warning box pop up over and over.



How can I find out where these files keep coming from so I can stop this?



I've got a trojan problem...?antivirus downloads



csrss.exe should be in c:\windows\system32 ( wind xp )



if its elsewhere you can delete it



you seem know technical stuff



goto safe mode



click start--search



type csrss.exe and click more advanced options



make sure the first three options are checked



and click search



you ll see the system file in c:\windows\system32 , dont delete this



delete the other file csrss.exe which has differnet location )



if you are unable to delete it , cut and paste it on desktop



after reboot you ll be able to delete it



this trojan will be there on startup also



start--run--msconfig--clickok

No comments:

Post a Comment