Sunday, August 23, 2009

How do I disable Norton Anti-virus software?

I have the latest version of Norton, just installed yesterday. I need to disable it to install some software. When I right click in the system tray there is NOT a disable option. Please help!



Uninstalling is not an option. I saw other people asked my question but they never got a good answer... uninstalling is ridiculous, I just need to know how to turn auto-protect off.



How do I disable Norton Anti-virus software?free adware remover



Do This...



Press Start %26gt; Pragrams %26gt; Accessories %26gt; System Tools %26gt; Security Centre And Click.



Then Just Disable Virus Protection!!



Hope This Helps



How do I disable Norton Anti-virus software?internet security 2006



Dear, i think the software you installed is corrupted now first you try to uninstall this then reintalle.



when you start the window first of all you uninstall the software.



through this you can solve your problem.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav...
I suggest to do the following:



- Go to Start %26gt; Run. Type services.msc and hit OK.



- Find all the services that Norton/Symantec is using and stop it. Close the window.



- Open Norton/Symantec Security Center.



- Disable antivirus program. Close window.
Click the start button%26gt;run,



type "msconfig" (without the quotes).



At "msconfig" go to the "services" tab %26 uncheck the services you don't like, but be careful, do not stop any essential service.



Hope this help



Have a NIce Day.............
Norton anti virus uninstall guidelines!



http://forums.techguy.org/security/56666...



Download and run the Norton Removal Tool



http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsg...



Use the Norton Removal Tool to remove a failed installation or a damaged Norton product.

No comments:

Post a Comment