Sunday, August 23, 2009

What happens to "quarantined" items if/when you uninstall an anti-virus program?

I have an old, remanufactured computer, running a Microsoft Windows 2000 O.S. (5.0, service pack 4, build 2195) with Intel Pentium III. (Copied all this from places I found -- no idea what it all means. Figured y'all would need this to form an answer.) Someone once told me it's a "56-k" (again, no idea). (It's a dial-up system!!!)



I have a Norton Antivirus 2004 program that got a glitch. (Auto Protect off, E-mail scanning error). Went through all the suggested "fixes" to try and get rid of the glitch. I am down to the final suggestion of "un-installing and re-installing" the program.



Decided I would "upgrade" and found that my system would not accept any upgrades beyond the 2006 version. I bought that one and want to install it once I un-install the 2004 one.



But, I am leary of the un-install. What will happen to the quarantined items that are currently there? Will they disappear with the 2004 version, or be put back on my system as the 2004 is un-installed?



Help?



What happens to "quarantined" items if/when you uninstall an anti-virus program?downloads



During uninstallation you''ll be asked if you want to delete those items.Chose that.

No comments:

Post a Comment