Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm consfused about computer security. Vista Home premium and Norton Internet Security.?

I keep getting this message on my Norton Toolbar. Browsing not safe: auto protect off. I've been through all the FIX IT procedures several times. Nothing works.



I've gone through all the fixes suggested at the Symantic site. Nothing worked.



I'm considering uninstalling Norton and starting over even though I have over 200 days left on my subscription.



If I were to start from scratch, without Norton, do I need anything other than the Windows security stuff?



I'm no computer whiz. Could I just be doing something stupid with Norton? I run Live Update regularly.



I don't know if it matters but I live way out in the toolies. I'm stuck with dial up internet.



I'm consfused about computer security. Vista Home premium and Norton Internet Security.?noton



hello, i would just uninstall the norton problematic software and install avg ( free) it works great ( they give all the schools in the us free protection already ) -and have been for a few years, it is called avg, easy to find, also that vista programme is another one i would not use ( xp ) is my recommended os, dial up is another problem, it causes your computer to die a slow death ( not really) but it slows it very considerably which will cause your computer to lock up, crash, cry, and not work right, dsl sux but would be better then a dial up



I'm consfused about computer security. Vista Home premium and Norton Internet Security.?stinger

No comments:

Post a Comment