Friday, August 21, 2009

I desperately need help with my computer/ Norton 360!! More details....?

O.k. I dont know what happened to my computer but i was on it one day and when i went to update Norton 360 it said that the P.C. Security was not safe. So i went to go fix it and here is where the problem begins! Everything worked and fixes its self but when i clicked on Auto Protect it did nothing. Then i went to do it again and it skips it and says there is an error or something. Well my computer is new and i dont want to get a virus or worm or anything so if you could PLEASE help me and give me a solution that works i will give you 10 points!!



please and thank you. I also havent done my Back Up so i dont know if this is why this problem started.



I desperately need help with my computer/ Norton 360!! More details....?photoshop



Hi bubblybubbles99,



Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team responding to your question. If the Auto-Protect feature will not enable itself it could point to an infection, or a problem with the Auto-Protect module.



Open Norton 360 and choose "Run LiveUpdate" from the left pane of the window. After LiveUpdate has finished downloading and installing updates, you should scan your computer for infections.



Restart your computer into Windows Safe Mode and then launch Norton 360 and perform a "Comprehensive Scan."



After completing that step, restart your computer into normal Windows mode and then follow the instructions in the link below to resolve the Auto-Protect problem.



http://service1.symantec.com/Support/nor...



If the steps in the above referenced link do not resolve the issue, please visit our Technical Support site and select the version of Norton 360 you are running from the pull-down menu and then type the error message into the search field for a solution.



http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/s...



Thank you,



Mike



Michael York



Norton Authorized Support Team



Symantec Corporation

No comments:

Post a Comment