Friday, August 21, 2009

I think i deleted my entire harddrive, can it be saved?

I had a virus on my computer and I used symantec intructions to remove it. Turns out after I did what it said and tried running symantec again the computer said file have been removed and that I have to reinstall. Then I restarted my computer and a red and blue screen comes up saying that symantec anti virus auto-protect : Unable to determine the location of the configuration files. [OK]. Then it prompts me to reinstall windows. Does this mean what I think it means?



I think i deleted my entire harddrive, can it be saved?antivirus download



You can reinstall without formating the hard drive and your files should be OK. Try a boot disk or safe mode first but you can reinstall without formating the HD%26gt;



I think i deleted my entire harddrive, can it be saved?bmw



Sounds like you just need to uninstall/reinstall Symantec's stuff.



Can you start up in safe mode?
Which symantec rival is paying you to ask this?



And since your system is not working, how come you can ask this question?



Any way, since you have to reinstall your OS, switch over to GNU/Linux - Ubuntu is good for beginners. Search the web for the ubuntu web site. Linux does not require any Anti VIrus.
ouch, now i know why I've nvr bought symantec. Try booting in safe mode, uninstalling and reinstalling symantec....
Press F8 when the computer is starting up ----%26gt; Safe Mode
just do system restore



1-click start



2-accessories



3-systemtool



4-system restore



5-restore it to the day it was good for you.
no, seek a computer tech
nop
Yes, I think it says what it means. You need to reinstall Windows.



Have your tried safe mode?
are you booting from a cd?



try safe mode (f8 ) on computer boot.



if you can get in safe mode, use system restore



or boot up and use the "last known configuration" option in the startup menu
Look in the recycing bin!!!,,,, LOL I'm sorry
try System Restore, if not, then you have to re-install your windows, you may lose your files...

No comments:

Post a Comment