Friday, August 21, 2009

Wiping my laptop and reinstalling?

Thanks very much for all your help. I have found someone who said he can reinstall my programs with the recovery disc I got when I bought the computer only 2 weeks ago. I am not that tec yet but I have managed to locate a video file in security that is the trojan horse. It says that this is the problem. The norton help line wanted 拢70 last night to do it on line...I declined until I new more....They were very pushy. This bloke said he will charge me 拢30 so I have gone ahead as I can not find striaght to the point information on line....If this guy cant do it. Just how easy is it? I understand there is a proccess to it all. The problem is Auto-Protect can not be switched back on. Will wiping and reprograming retify? I really appreciate the help I have recived... I am quite new to all this..which has surprised some as I have done quite alot of reading up....I love it....Old geezer!



Wiping my laptop and reinstalling?nortonantivirus



Hello sir, seems like you are in a pickle!, Installing Windows is very simple, the recovery discs that you got with the system pretty much re-install everything that came with the machine when it was purchased, simply insert the disc into the drive and reboot the machine, it will boot to cd-rom, press any when asked (ONLY once!,) you will see the computer reboot many times by itself, and you may see the message "PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE"...DONT!, let the machine do it by itself, key details that you may of got with the machine (CDKEY for windows if it asks for one) and do the same for the other software you may use if it is required to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment